Sunday, November 23, 2008

Turkey Cupcakes

Tell me these aren't the cutest turkeys you have ever seen? My kids do not like pumpkin pie or pecan pie. I know....don't get me started....who doesn't like traditional Thanksgiving pies?

In the attempt to please everyone for Thanksgiving, I started making cupcakes for the kids. These are just Betty Crocker yellow cupcakes with Betty Crocker chocolate frosting. No big fancy shmancy deal. I figure when we are going to town with all the other Thanksgiving preparations there is no need bake cupcakes from scratch. Aren't they cute? The point isn't whether or not they are from scratch. The point is a Thanksgiving dessert that the kids will like.

I'm not an expert cake or cupcake decorator, nor do I aspire to be, so there are multiple imperfections with the frosting. That's OK with me. The kids loved eating and decorating them. I think adults enjoyed them, too. Really, who can resist such a cute turkey?

No comments: