Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spiced Pecans

This pecan recipe accompanied a Sweet Potato Pancakes recipe that caught my eye. To be honest, I liked the sound of the pancakes, but originally thought I would omit the pecans. I couldn't imagine the taste of a spicy pecan on a sweet pancake. I decided to make the pecans for my husband, who likes all things gourmet. Am I ever glad I did! Oh my gosh!! Dee. Lish. Ous. You will not be sorry you spent the extra time to make this accompaniment to the Sweet Potato Pancakes!! I promise.

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 tablespoon butter
1/2 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

DIRECTIONS:

Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Add all the ingredients and cook until the pecans are lightly brown and caramelized, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat, cool, and store in an airtight container.


Recipe from FoodNetwork.com

No comments: